Summer Camp Registration: Yawgoog Scout Reservation
As we look forward to the coming summer, we are optimistic that we will be able to safely attend in-person camp once again. All safety protocols will be strictly enforced, and we will continue to monitor the situation to ensure the health and safety of all of our Scouts and families.
Some changes that will likely be in place from previous years:
- Hand sanitizer stations will be in place at camp.
- Masks will be required.
- A negative COVID-19 may be required by the state or by Yawgoog.
- All forms will be due earlier than usual to ease registration upon arrival; late fees may be incurred.
When: Sunday, July 23 - Sunday, July 30, 2023
Where: Camp Yawgoog, Rockville, Rhode Island
Cost: $775, includes transportation, all meals, patches, hat, and shirt
We cordially invite your son to participate in our annual trip to summer camp. This year, Troop 17 will again be heading to Yawgoog ("yah-goo") in Rockville, Rhode Island. Camp Yawgoog is about three hours and 15 minutes from Short Hills.
Yawgoog has been in operation for more than 100 years and has a lot to offer. It sits on a huge lake with swimming, sailing, rowing, canoeing and fishing. Scouts have the opportunity to earn dozens of merit badges—everything from swimming to robotics to farm mechanics to nature and camping.
Summer camp provides each Scout an excellent opportunity for rank advancement, continual development of leadership skills and outdoor scouting skills, and most importantly, the opportunity to make memories that will last a lifetime.
The cost to attend is $775 per Scout, which includes transportation, all meals, patches, a hat, and t-shirt.
Financial challenges should not be an obstacle to your son attending summer camp. If there is a need for financial assistance, please contact Mr. Radics, and we will find a way to help.
In addition, two discounts are offered by Camp Yawgoog:
- Families registering two or more Scouts will receive a $50 discount per child.
- Any Scout attending a high adventure camp this year, such as Philmont or Sea Base, will receive a $100 discount.
All Scouts must submit two hard copies of each of the following by Thursday, May 11th:
- BSA Medical Forms. All Scouts must complete the new forms. Please retain a copy of the medical form for your records.
- Photocopy of front and back of Scout's insurance card
Maplewood, NJ 07040
Things to Bring
Please see the attached summer camp Things To Bring Checklist for an extensive list of required personal items, required camping equipment, as well as optional and recommended equipment.
Thursday, February 16th
- Deposit of $100 payable online
Thursday, May 11th
- Balance of $675, payable online starting May 1st
- Two hard copies of medical forms and camper's insurance card
Late submissions after May 15th will incur a $50 fee.
We look forward to another fantastic summer camp in 2023!
- Monday, June 5
- Thursday, June 8
- Friday, June 9
- Saturday, June 10
- Sunday, June 11
- Thursday, June 15
- Wednesday, June 28